More Rawhide Adventures

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Mon Jun 1 04:08:29 UTC 2009

I installed Rawhide (clean install) on my server a while ago and
have run "yum update" any number ot times since then.  Yesterday
a reboot was greeted with Grub complaining about an un-recognized
executable format.  So I fell back to a working Fedora, copied the
x86_64 Rawhide tree to another computer and set up its httpd.

Last time the boot.iso -> askmethod -> url install worked without
a hitch.  This time it took several tries to get the install started.
I can't think of anything I did right on the nth try that I didn't do
the first try.

It would be nice if askmethod could reference the rsync'd rawhide
tree on a local drive instead of having to copy that local tree and
then pull it back with httpd et al.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665