RCs for Everyone (was One (more) week slip of Fedora 11 Release)

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Mon Jun 1 17:01:52 UTC 2009

Once upon a time, Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com> said:
> I'd have to download from mirrors,
> which is costing mirror bandwidth.

You've mentioned this a couple of times; why do you think mirrors
mirror?  If I didn't want people to consume bandwidth downloading
rawhide, I wouldn't mirror rawhide.

I personally rsync rawhide to my disk server at home.  I can PXE boot
test installs, and I keep a fairly up-to-date KVM virtual system around
to build LiveCD images and LiveUSB sticks.  It is much faster than I'd
be able to download a new DVD image daily.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>