RC2 Anaconda kickstart RAID bug now has an LVM twin

Allen Kistler an037-ooai8 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 2 07:59:31 UTC 2009

Having hammered on the issue of Anaconda not being able to reuse RAID in
kickstart, I had suspicions about LVM.

Once again anaconda on the F11-rc2 DVD loses a config that F11-preview
handled just fine with kickstart.

I collected the RC2 logs and posted them to BZ #503681, along with their
Preview counterparts.  I haven't read them myself, but I suspect they
contain something similar to the RAID case, since they look so similar.
  i.e., Anaconda doesn't really lose the info.  It never collects it in
the first place.

Since including the RAID bug in the F11 Common Bugs wiki page was okay,
I added the LVM bug.  They're pretty much twins, as I said in the
subject.  My impression (thoroughly subjective) is that more people use
LVM than use RAID, so this bug might get noticed more than the RAID bug,
too.