rdist and selinux (was: A Modest Suggestion to make SElinux usable.)

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200906 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 15:05:09 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> writes:
> ...when SELinux blocks a legitimate operation on your system, file a bug
> on it, with the appropriate information included.

This brings me to a question.  What do other folks do when running
rdist(1) (or similar) on a system that has selinux enabled?  I just
succeeded in locking myself out of a remote system when it updated
*/.ssh/authorized_keys and the context was updated in a way that was
distasteful to selinux.

Looking at the rdist man page I see no indication that rdist understands
contexts and tries to preserve them.  Is this true?  Bug?  RFE?

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              Android 1.5 (Cupcake) and Fedora-11