Fedora Infrastructure logins (was: Fedora Bugzilla Statistics 2009-05-26 - 2009-06-01)

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Jun 4 07:07:58 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 02:59:09 -0400,
  Christopher Beland <beland at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> To log into bugzilla.redhat.com, I *must* use my email address, but to
> log into Trac there, I *must not* use my email address - it requires my
> username, "beland".  This is not very user-friendly, especially since
> there is no link to any registration page.

I think people are generally agreed that allowing fas logins in bugzilla
would be a nice feature. It is just a small convenience though, so it
isn't going to be a high priority item.

> It also doesn't seem very nice to disallow anonymous bug reporting, but
> I guess that's a policy decision.

I think the feeling is here is that anonymous bug reports don't provide
a way to contact the reporter for more information and hence aren't
all that valuable.