Checking isos with sha - small wrinkle

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Jun 4 15:03:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 07:21:06AM -0700, Mike Cloaked wrote:

> When I downloaded the F11 preview isos and tried to check the download using
> sha1sum (as I had done for previous versions) the checksums failed with an
> error message from the sha1sum command.  However using sha256sum worked just
> fine.
>
> Has the guidance been updated on this ahead of F11 GA?

If you look at the checksum textfile, it now says Hash:SHA256
(For awhile it mentioned SHA1 or something, referring to the GPG sigs.)

It's also in the Beta release notes, with specific instructions to use
sha256.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_11_Beta_release_notes

(Just below the yellow background warning you to back up data, under the
screenshot tour--or, just search sha256 on the page.  :)  )

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: Your logic does not resemble our Earth logic.
Xander: Mine's much more advanced.