Spins and RC composes

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Thu Jun 4 15:34:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 07:48 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
> Is there a wiki page that explains the linkage between RCs that are
> created for final testing and the associated "official spins"?
>
> IOW do official spins need additional testing with the creation of each
> new RC?

Good question.  Who creates the "official spins" (GNOME, KDE), do these
come from release engineering, or from the spin sig?

The only intersection with live images currently in the test plan
relates to installing from live media (anaconda --method=liveinst).
This implies that you've managed to boot the live image, but doesn't
specify which live image or other criteria around the live image
environment.  I think it's worth considering adding some verification
around this post F11.

As far as which images will be tested, and when/who delivers them ... I
could use clarification on that as well.

Thanks,
James