Spins and RC composes

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh.goorah at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 20:51:25 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> That's the generic one. Each of the spin maintainers are supposed to be
> making their own test plans for things that are important in their spin.
> For example for the games spin, there should be a short test for each
> game specifically included, to make sure it is at least starts and is
> playable for a little while.

In the case of FEL, the desktop environment and the extra software
which needed for electronics are separate items.
with %include fedora-livecd-kde.ks

Thereby, the core is being prepared and developed by KDE sig while,
we(FEL) can concentrate on electronics only.

So the only testing needed is to test the extra software needed for
FEL, normally I test each software through my own designs, but little
by little I'm creating an automated testsuite that will qualify each
new update and the design tools  FEL provide.
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-electronic-lab/browser/testsuite

The testsuite is open and can be used by other contributors as well.

>From a hierarchical point of view, this decrease the work load and let
spin maintainers concentrate on improving the spins both in terms in
documentation and packaging.

I once proposed this idea to szdiallas (FedoraEducation) I think he
opted some of FEL ground work already so that he can concentrate on
the goals of his spin and less software headaches.

Chitlesh