no display after pre-upgrade from F10 to Rawhide

Niels Haase arxs at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 9 06:24:53 UTC 2009

2009/6/9 Claude Jones <cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com>:

>> Claude, can you confirm whether it's the 'nouveau' driver or 'nv' which
>> is used if you start with no xorg.conf ?
>
> How do I actually know which driver is in use? We could look at xorg.conf in
> the past? There must be a command that lists the drivers in use, but I
> couldn't find one. I'm sure the nouveau driver (I just re-installed it) is
> running now because my screen resolution changed from last night when it was
> running at 1280X1024 and it is now running at the correct 1920X1080

I think there is no command to figure out with driver is currently
use, but you can try to grep for "NOUVEAU" (in upper case) in
/var/log/Xorg.0.log. You should find many lines with (II) NOUVEAU(0)
and so on. If not, and the nv driver is used, you can find him while
grep against NV.

--
Regards,
Niels