Fedora 11 updates-testing

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Jun 11 06:00:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 16:21:17 -0400,
  Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:

> That clarifies the process, thanks. I can't even ask why it takes so
> long, clearly some packages have dependencies and the whole collection
> needs to be updated at once (or from the bottom up, which isn't really
> easier). And the signing steps also change distribution to a more batch
> process.
>
> So it's as real time as it can be, without significant effort. Besides,
> it gives up something to look forward to. ;-)

Things will probably improve this dev cycle. There is a proposal to auto
sign stuff out of koji. This removes one roadblock.

Probably we would be looking at packages outside of a key set (another
proposal is for defining that set) getting into the updates or updates-testing
repo within a day. Good mirrors should have that updated within another day,
in their copy.