fedora-test-list Digest, Vol 64, Issue 42

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sat Jun 13 19:12:27 UTC 2009

On 06/13/2009 04:41 AM, fedora-test-list-request at redhat.com wrote:
> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 17:10:11 -0430
> From: "Patrick O'Callaghan"<pocallaghan at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: How to administer Fedora via VNC connection
> To:fedora-test-list at redhat.com
>
> On Fri, 2009-06-12 at 10:04 -0700, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
>
>> >  I have two VNC sessions set up - one for my caf
>> >  account and one for root, both passworded of
>> >  course.
>> >
>> >  Unfortunately somtthing in Fedora prevents me
>> >  from doing system mx tasks such as add/remove
>> >  software and getting disk drive health reports.
>>

> You need to be more specific. What are you trying to do and what happens
> when you try to do it?

The add/remove software app appears to operate normally
but the apply button doesn't bother applying anything.
There is no error message shown on the window.

The applet for disk health announces a sick disk, but
will not disclose details of that disk.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665