Gnome Panel 2.26.1 cannot create custom application launcher, or remove launchers from panel

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sun Jun 14 16:52:37 UTC 2009

Using new Fedora 11 DVD Install:
under VMWorkstation 6.5.2 (with Sugar Desktop[Constructionist Learning
Platform and activities],liveusb-creator and DKMS installed)
Unable to create custom application launcher in Gnome Panel 2.26.1
also cannot remove existing application launchers on panel?

I tried to install sugar-emulator as top panel launcher. It fails as it
launches multiple entities.
If I open gnome-terminal and enter command "sugar-emulator" it works...

Is there a bug in Gnome Panel 2.26.1?