Rawhide: sound level resets to 0% each login...

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jun 18 06:05:05 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 21:53 -0700, Tom London wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 9:47 PM, Tom London<selinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Here is /etc/asound.state after login (sound level 0%).  It doesn't
> >> change when I adjust the sound level to 81%.
> >
> > Sorry, I forgot to do the "alsactl store" after adjusting the sound level:
> >
> > [tbl at tlondon ~]$ diff asound*
> > 74,75c74,75
> > <               value.0 55
> > <               value.1 55
> > ---
> >>               value.0 58
> >>               value.1 58
> > [tbl at tlondon ~]$
>
> After changing the values in /etc/asound.state per above, and then
> logging out and logging back in again, I still get volume at 0%.

That's significant - logging out then in shouldn't really cause any
change to your volume at all, AFAIK. That sounds perhaps like
PulseAudio's doing it, since it gets restarted at session start...does
it happen if you kill the running pulseaudio, and then start it again?

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey