Re: Rawhide Acceptance Test Plan

On Jun 18, 2009, at 2:33 PM, Will Woods <wwoods redhat com> wrote:

On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 16:23 -0400, Will Woods wrote:
On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 16:23 -0400, Will Woods wrote:
Hi folks,

Here's the first draft of a plan describing Rawhide Acceptance Testing.

Er. *here* it is:

I can think of one thing, though it may (or may not, I'm not sure) be
hard to test in an automated way: does input work?

AFAICT none of the other tests imply this, but a system that passes all the other tests but into which you can't type anything isn't much use :)

Very true - but very hard to automate without lego-mindstorms-style
hackery.

I think probably 'israwhidebroken.com' (or its sprititual equivalent)
will need to have a box for "Other warnings" to allow people to make
note of problems like these.

Of course, that means it needs to allow user submissions, which makes
the entire web thing a lot more complex. Alas.

-w

Why not have user reporting done with fedorahosted trac instance or a new bz comp and xlmrpc off of that. As long a comp keyboard/mouse-brk has an open bug fail the test. If is I hw we done care too much about leave it but change the status to a non blocking state.

Regards,
Brennan Ashton