2009-06-24 - Fedora QA meeting Recap

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Thu Jun 25 17:37:54 UTC 2009

On 06/25/2009 04:25 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 23:08 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
<snip>
</snip>

First of all if an individual brings a component into Fedora and does
not know how or what's needed to effectively debug and work on the
component he's about to expose to the whole Fedora userbase the
component ( unless it's being introduced and maintained by some one that
does )  should not be allowed to be brought into Fedora.

We are faced with the fact that we need to play catchup with what ca
5000 - 7000 components and to be able to effective in doing so we need
to draw the line NOW and start requiring packagers to provides us with
that information when the component gets accepted and included in Fedora
so we dont have to start chasing the NEW components after we finished
with the old ones..

I think asking for some competence/responsibility from packagers is not
to much! After all is exposing this to thousand, hundreds of thousand
millions of users and he needs to be competent enough to handle the
reports that flow in bugzilla against the component he introduced.

Jóhann " The man that lacks the ability to be subtle" Guðmundsson