Raising the bar

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jun 30 07:41:01 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 00:19 -0400, Bill McGonigle wrote:
> On 06/29/2009 04:28 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
> > Making it easy for a wide audience to participate without requiring a
> > rawhide installation is certainly a goal. We will have live cds
> > available for the test days, just like you know from other Fedora test
> > days. As soon as live cd creation works again on rawhide...
>
> As is, this is of limited value.  I did some test days on F11 using
> LiveCD's, and reported a bunch of bugs.  I was then unable to
> participate in follow-up testing to give the developers feedback on my
> specific hardware for quite a while because there were no updated CD's.

Actually, there are: the live CDs for later test days. You can usually
use this as impromptu snapshot releases to test issues from earlier test
days, unless there's something special about the test day build for your
particular problem. I tried to point this out on many test day-related
bugs, apologies if yours slipped through the cracks.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey