BugZappers: wiki page idea's

TK009 john.brown009 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 03:32:56 UTC 2009

Since we seem to be talking a lot about the wiki and how to improve it.
I thought I would get some input on my thoughts for changes to the main
page.
here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Tk009/bugzappers

Yes it does look a lot like QA's new front page, it just worked out that
way and is not a copy.
1) Responsibilities
The description of what the bugzappers do is my own from other info in
the wiki.
I wrote it in response to poelcat's request for idea's on wording
changes to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy.
For continuity I thought this might work for the main page as well. The
goal the on the PackageMaintainers/Policy page was to explain to package
maintainers what the zappers do. Does this description work for new
people as well? Does it explain what we do without being TMI?

2) Communicate
Can this be said better? Should more info like a like a link for "How TO
IRC" be added?

3) Getting Involved
As already posted in an email by Christopher Beland, the idea joining
the BugZappers/join  and BugZappers/getting started pages is a good one,
and I support it.

I would like to hear your thoughts on these idea's and start discussion
and thoughts on the "site map" idea poelcat proposed for revamping the
wiki. Everyone agrees the wiki needs luvin, lets work together to get
that done.

Edward (TK009)
Fedora Partisan Ranger