No more X on nv card: nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX 5200]

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Tue Mar 3 13:28:28 UTC 2009

Antonio Olivares wrote:
> Dear fellow testers after updating to newer kernels or X drivers, I no longer have X working :(
<snip>

This info should be in a bug report along with more stuff....
</snip>

First you need to start by looking at
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/bugs/<component>
if you problem is not there start filing a report with all the necessary
files attached to that report that's needed for that component.
then you can post to this list if any one else has seen/experiencing/can
duplicate the same or similar as in ( fill in bug number here )

What happens when you

A) use older kernel does it work then?
B) use older older version of xorg-x11-drv-nouveau
C) boot into run level three and start X
D) boot with nomodeset ( disables kms if that has been enabled for the
nouveau )
E) Inform us if you are using an xorg.conf file?

JBG