monstrous failure of "yum update" on fedora 11 alpha

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Mar 4 09:59:13 UTC 2009

  i decided to "yum update" my f11 alpha system and, after downloading
some 1500 packages, it went to work, unpacking about 500 packages
before every single package after that generated an unpacking error.

  has anyone else had a successful "yum update"?

rday

p.s.  weirdly, some later packages are generating errors of "Couldn't
create temporary file, no space left on device" but I went with the
default filesystem layout so I have one large 80G root filesystem that
isn't even *close* to being full.

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.