the current state of trying to "yum update"

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Mar 4 13:30:38 UTC 2009

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, John Summerfield wrote:

> ??? wrote:
> > Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > >   not sure if anyone will find the following informative, but i'll
> <I'm sure we've all seen enough of this>
>
> > > There are unfinished transactions remaining. You might consider running
> > > yum-complete-transaction first to finish them.
> > > --> Running transaction check
> > > ---> Package gnome-games-help.noarch 1:2.25.92-1.fc11 set to be erased
> > > ---> Package gnome-games-help.i386 1:2.25.5-1.fc11 set to be erased
>
> It's interesting one's noarch and the other is not.

that funny "duplication" existed for a few other packages.  i removed
them manually, then tried the update again and that's when things
melted down entirely.  that's when i gave up and just did a
re-install.

i will *not* be doing an update, apart from the rpm/yum-related
packages.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.