Interesting comments

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Mar 4 18:12:11 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 07:53 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> http://lwn.net/Articles/321473/
>
> I don't think there's been a lot of discussion yet about any future,
> larger triage event.  But in any case before we get there, we might
> want to see what lessons we can draw from this thread.  Perhaps
> there's something constructive from which we can learn for daily
> triage?

I've seen similar threads before. The thing I generally take out of
them, which I really tried to get MDV bug triagers to buy into, is
follow up. Triaging isn't a drive-by operation, you have to follow up
the bug. You really should be in CC for any bug you triage.

What Ubuntu users get frustrated about is when a triager touches one of
their bugs, then never comes back, and basically makes it *less* likely
to be addressed by the developer.

I know John is big on this too. Our job is to be an ongoing interface
between the reporter and the maintainers, to make it easier and more
efficient for the right information to flow in both directions. We're
not just blindly touching bugs and moving on.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey