Improved wiki tracking of active triagers and components (draft)

TK009 john.brown009 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 19:32:59 UTC 2009

Christopher Beland wrote:
> So at the last IRC meeting, I was asked to combine
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/components
> with
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/ActiveTriagers
>
> and add a "Need Help" Yes/No column.  Since I had already produced a
> draft combining
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/FindingBugs
> with
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/components
>

> I have just finished integrating everything into a draft for your
> approval:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Tracking
>
> I could redirect FindingBugs, components, and ActiveTriagers to this
> page if there is general consensus to do so, or I could merge only the
> latter two (with the contents of the "Component and Triager List"
> section) if that is preferred.  Please indicate what you would support
> doing, or if there are any changes you would like to see.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Beland

I don't like the goals part. I am going to need another email for that
as I have a lot to say.
I like the new component/active triage/need help list.
EOL versions, Blocker and Target Bugs, and Finding dupes doesn't belong
on the page (IMO).

The redirecting of the goals page seems to have been premature, and
BugZappers/Metrics looks like the start of recreating it. I liked the
idea of combining the active triagers info with the components list,
thought I must have missed that part in the meeting about also combining
finding bugs and not sure it fits here.

I worry that to much its trying to be done with one page, and feel
strongly goals don't belong here. Also please stop creating draft pages
in the main wiki. You were asked by poelcat and myself not to do that,
and reminded by adamw in an email. Create drafts in your user space.
Please respect that policy.

As to making it "live", my vote is no (for now). Discussion at the
meeting and time for feedback. I and I know others are thankful for the
work you are putting in to whipping the wiki in to shape, but please
understand changes need to be discussed and may not happen on your time
schedule.

Edward (TK009)