When will Fedora work again?

Leon Stringer leon.stringer at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 8 15:46:29 UTC 2009

Antonio M wrote:
> 2009/3/8 Deependra Singh Shekhawat <deepsa at fedoraproject.org>:
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 8:42 PM, Antonio M <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> oldish chipset??? do you mean that old hardware should not be
>>> supported by Fedora???
>> Yes.
>
> and what is meant by old hardware?? two years, five years or what
> else??? where can I find the definition of old computer and the
> related guidelines for Fedora???
> I want to know as at the moment I am running rawhide on an old PII-400
> MHz with 256 Mb and a cirrus graphic card about ten years old: and I
> suppose that I am not the only one around...

Antonio: I would agree with you.

Deependra: you say "must", is this a policy? Surely this would need some
mechanism of defining what hardware is supported and what isn't. I don't
have a problem with Fedora going down this route but the line between
old/unsupported and new/supported hardware can't be arbitrary.