When will Fedora work again?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sun Mar 8 16:45:10 UTC 2009

LS> I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that an @fedoraproject.org address
LS> was an indication of at least some authority.

Essentially every contributor gets one; it doesn't mean anything
specific.  You can check the account system if you want and see what
groups any account belongs to, if you like.  I don't use my Fedora
address, but I do have one, and if you'd check it you'd see things
like provenpackager and some admin stuff which should indicate that
I'm a trusted and active member of the community.  Even with that, I
wouldn't trust myself if I tried to speak from some position of
authority.

LS> Thanks. Generally I've had a good experience with these systems
LS> (as long as I apply the latest firmware)...

I'm pretty sure Intel stopped updating the firmware years ago.  But,
yes, they do keep running so I can't really complain.  It's just that
i810-level hardware (like the i845 graphics on these boards) is rather
poor and most development time these days is spent on much newer kit.

 - J<