gnome locking up after user login since the mass rebuild

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Mar 10 16:31:45 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 16:02:17 -0500,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:

> I have been looking at the logs but nothing interesting appears to be showing
> up. (Possibly because the fs is being made readonly.)

I do see occasional kernel tracebacks and looking more carefully at them
some appear to be related to the host controller not properly releasing
memory. In the past I have been told that not all tracebacks are a big deal,
so I usually don't file bugs for them.
However I think I will for this one since it might be related to my problem,
though I am not sure why Gnome would be triggering this very reliably and
not much else seems to.