Interesting comments

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 11 02:24:52 UTC 2009

John Summerfield wrote:

> Everyone would probably agree that, if the system won't boot, that is
> critical. I would expect such a critical error would be a candidate
> release blocker.

Not really. It has to be evaluated more on a case by case basis. Every
release of any distribution probably doesn't boot on some systems. We
have just way too many variety of hardware such as these to consider
them all as critical and solve them all. Popularity of the particular
hardware in question and other factors needs to be considered before
marking them as a blocker of any sort.

Rahul