rv280 improvement

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Mar 15 21:33:03 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 21:04:29 +0100,
  "Joshua C." <joshuacov at googlemail.com> wrote:

> You are lucky. I cannot get my rs482 goes beyond 350 on f11, 400 on
> f10 and 800 on f9. No compiz/effects at all.

I have an rv530 at work and I get around 3000fps in gxlgears. But things
change pretty rapidly with kernel, driver and other X related changes.
Before the mass rebuild I was getting good performance using the nomodeset
kernel option and not so good without it. I haven't tested glxgears there
recently as I have been having problems with my desktop (currently my best
guess is a driver problem for my SAS host controller). One of the recent
changes has fonts looking odd (bumpy) in termial windows, but not everywhere.
That kind of thing has also come and gone with updates.
I don't use compiz because it breaks the window switcher. (It only allows
one row, and I use a 5x3 setting and don't want to use 15x1.)