Bugzappers Wiki redesign (was Re: BugZappers Meeting Recap for 2009-03-03)

TK009 john.brown009 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 00:31:13 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 15:55 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
>

>> I think both Chris's and tk009's drafts are good and definite
>> improvements on what we have already. I think they both have elements
>> where they're better than the other. I'll try and spend some time
>> tomorrow to come up with a draft of my own that combines the two. Then
>> we should pick one of the drafts as our preferred new front page, and go
>> ahead with re-organizing and re-writing the rest of the Wiki content as
>> dictated by the chosen front page design.
>>

> OK - here's my draft:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_Bugzappers
>
> I agreed with most who've responded in that I mostly preferred tk009's
> page, so it's mostly based on that, but with some changes.
>
> I do think the front page should link to other important pages, just so
> *we* know where the hell they are as much as anything. So I added the
> 'Tools and Procedures' section, which is mostly copied / pasted from
> Chris' page. It should be shorter and link to better pages, which we are
> going to have to write. :)
>
> The Tools page is pretty much fine. The Components / Triagers page we've
> been discussing is also fine, as is the standard responses page. We can
> probably have a separate Goals page. All those can be linked from this
> section, once they're properly done.
>
> There's other stuff I think we should have. I've done some of it before,
> so I'm not going to reinvent it. For Mandriva I wrote a bug cycle
> policy:
>
> http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Policies/Bug_policy
>
> and a triage guide:
>
> http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Projects/Bugs/Triage_guide
>
> which I think are honestly pretty good, and better than what we have
> already for this group. I'd propose that we adapt them as necessary and
> use them for our group - or at least write something along similar
> lines.
>
> What do people think of my draft, and the plan?

I should have responded to this email sooner. Busy week.

"Who are the bugzappers?" section-
I like the link to Active Triagers on my page. One click to the Active
Triagers, people know who to talk to in irc or on the list.
"...volunteers and Red Hat employees..."
This is correct, but I am not sure about it, it reads almost like a
subdivision of the group. We are one group. This may be being nitpicky,
but this is one of those things with me.

"Help Wanted"
I like the simplicity of my "We Need You" thought admit the wording
could be better. I see "words words words" tiny little join link, bah =).

"Responsibilities"
After some thought, I have to agree with John5342 that is to strong a word.

"Tools and Proceedures"
My own thinking at first was that we need links to important content on
the first page. Thinking more on it though, I find I use those links
rarely if ever anymore. A new triager will, but couldn't this live on
the getting started page. Also, the position above communication, I
would prefer commo higher.

who are we
what do we do
how to talk to us
how to join

I am starting to feel like the bugzappers wiki bad guy =P.

TK009