where is a description of the custom spins?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Mar 19 20:04:24 UTC 2009

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 13:42:19 -0400,
>   "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
> >
> >   i'm interested in the Fedora-11-Alpha-i686-Live-Dev.torrent spin
> > (assuming it's targeted at developers), but i don't see any
> > description of what i might find in that spin.  is there a details
> > page somewhere?
>
> There probably should be, but I didn't see one. The new spins all
> had to make their own pages, but I don't know if anyone went back to
> do the same for the permanent ones. (I think the dev spin is
> permanent, but i could be wrong.)
>
> What you could do is take a look at the spin's kickstart file
> (install spin-kickstarts). It should be pretty easy to just look at
> it and get a good idea of what is included (on top of desktop).

  there's one more (probably dumb) question i'm going to ask -- i'm
intensely interested in a development-oriented fedora spin, loaded
with all the development goodies one could cram in there.  but all i
see is a live DVD.  can i assume that, if i boot off the live DVD and
like what i see, i can then install to the hard drive?

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.