Rawhide upgrade problems

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Sun Mar 22 20:43:36 UTC 2009

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009, Aioanei Rares wrote:

> Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 20:33:46 +0200
>> Aioanei Rares <schaiba at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> Please let me know if the following was done right and what can I do
>>> to get to rawhide.
>>> I installed f10 from DVD, updated it fully, then changed the software
>>> sources from f10 to rawhide, did a yum update rpm\* (rpmlint failed
>>> to update with the following error:
>>>

>> No need to do that. That is ONLY for updating from f11a -> current
>> rawhide.
>> For F10 you should only need to 'yum update' to get at least rpm-4.6.0
>> final, then enable rawhide and 'yum update' to get rawhide.
>> You may run into an audit-libs-python problem. You can download the
>> newer one from koji and update it manually.

Is there some kind of known issue installing rawhide directly without installing
F10 and upgrading?

I tried to do a fresh install this AM on my laptop but it hangs during the
initial boot to anaconda. I already filed a bug, but if this is a known issue,
I will update the bug and proceed accordingly.

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com