How to Triage: Draft posted on wiki

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Mon Mar 23 13:42:45 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson wrote:

> The best approach IMHO is separate reports for separate releases; it's
> pretty crappy, but the least bad. This is something we can discuss,
> though. What does everyone else think?

The prospects of getting reporters to do that are just about zero.

The proper solution is to fix the software (bugzilla), the release needs
to be a multi-valued[1] field with whatever code changes that requires.

1 I don't even know how well the backend database supports this, I know
for many years relational theory forbade it. OTOH ADABAS, which I
supported in the early 80s did do multivalued fields (and repeating
groups) and could index them. OTOH it made no pretense of being relational.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait