Anaconda .38

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sat Mar 28 01:45:02 UTC 2009

Yesterday's Anaconda regained the ability to deal with drives
with Linux partitions on them and the ability to make custom
disk layouts.  But an ext4 mkfs on a 30g partition did not complete
in a reasonable time.  But it did work with ext3.

This morning's rsync had the same Anaconda.   I chose update
instead of install as only a small number of files had changed
in the rsync.  The resulting system was damaged to the point
it would not get to a login.

Finally I did an install using the same custom disk setup as before,
but formatting / with ext4.  This time the install was uneventful.

Rawhide remembered my static IP settings but seems to remove
the nameserver line in /etc/resolv.conf when I boot.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665