Noveau?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Mar 31 19:17:34 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-31 at 12:12 -0700, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> How do I get Noveau to run?  The discussion I can find suggests it
> installs automagically.  I can't find any obvious indication of
> which X server is running.
>
> Except that it isn't the proprietary Nvidia server.  The
> fan still roars.  Desktop effects can't be enabled.
>
> Running a 9600gt pci/e on Intel Core Duo 8500.

If you're using the live CD from the Test Day page, F11 beta, or
Rawhide, and you don't have an xorg.conf that explictly loads nv, then
you're almost certainly using nouveau.

You can check for sure by looking at /var/log/Xorg.0.log - it tells you
what driver's in use. If you can't quite grok it, pastebin it up
somewhere and I'll look at it for you.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey