f11alpha on Lenovo S10

epate no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Sun Mar 1 21:55:03 UTC 2009

I've had a nagging issue on my Lenovo S10 netbook for a while and I hope someone can point me in the right direction.  Until very recently, the last bootable kernel was

2.6.29-0.74.rc3.git3.fc11.i686

Noticing that all the subsequent kernels were ".i586", I installed the latest "kernel-PAE" which, at the time was

2.6.29-0.159.rc6.git3.fc11.i686

This (along with the very lastest, .176) boots and seems to run fine.  However, I haven't been able to get the Broadcom wireless working since the 2.6.29-0.74 kernel.  The following packages are installed:

akmod-wl.i686
broadcom-wl.noarch
kmod-wl

Any help or direction with this will be *greatly* appreciated.

Emmett "Buddy" Pate

PS: After the latest *huge* rawhide update, there also seems to be some problem with fonts in Firefox and Thunderbird - but since it's somewhat irrelevant until the wireless issue is resolved, I'll save that for another time.

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=329118&topic_id=68302&forum=12#forumpost329118
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame emmett at epate.com.