"yum update" on f11 alpha generates numerous MD5 mismatches

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 2 14:20:43 UTC 2009

Scott Robbins wrote:

> I repeat, it would save many people a great deal of trouble if a mention
> of this is put somewhere near the alpha downloads.  As it is, I suspect
> we'll get many posts like this, because what people tend to do,
> especially with some experience, is grab the ISO, install and then run
> yum update or upgrade.
>
> Even those on the list probably don't read every post, so can't really
> be expected to know about this.

No matter what you do, you will not be able to reach all users anyway.
Nevertheless, intermediate transient issues can be documented in a wiki
page and linked from the Fedora testing page prominently. Someone should
volunteer to maintain it. If you want to see your idea implemented,
just do it.

Rahul