Beware today's updates - selinux is changing home user contexts

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 20:32:04 UTC 2009

I have just updated some f10 boxes a few minutes ago. On logging on again
after rebooting to the new kernel this evening, the main user directories
have had their contexts changed to usr_t so I presume some kind of
relabelling has been done - but not correctly!  After restorecon -vR
/home/user the contexts have mostly reverted to where they should be - I
initially noticed because ssh suddenly started demanding a passphrase when
it should not need one - and then I noted avc denials.....

I hope not too many users are going to have their home directories messed up
as a result! The relevant update is
selinux-policy-targeted-3.5.13-46.fc10.noarch.rpm

This is not good - especially for a stable release!