Kittens in distress

Jonathan Corbet corbet-ft at lwn.net
Tue Mar 3 00:30:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 15:19:23 -0800
Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> Just wanted to chip in as I was the instigator of the -devel
> discussion and make it clear that these are the kinds of issues I
> expect to happen all the time in dev builds and would expect the
> kinds of people who could be running them to be able to live with.
> Obviously it'd be nice not to break Firefox, but, yeah. These I'd
> definitely put in 'you should expect this to happen sometimes'
> category rather than the 'this shouldn't happen ever, we should whip
> the developers' category.

Hmm, I feel like I'm being told I don't belong in this particular
kitchen.

I've been running rawhide - on my production desktop system - for a long
time, I have a pretty good idea of what to expect.  I've seen most of
it.  I just thought that there were enough things wrong this time that
it might be worth sending something out.

Certainly I didn't propose whipping any developers.  I'm generally
opposed to that kind of thing.  Maybe withholding beer in extreme
cases, but I don't think that's warranted here.

jon