Rawhide pxeboot install fails if a Linux exists on the machine

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Wed Mar 4 15:54:17 UTC 2009

I have successfully installed Rawhide on two different machines,
but only after removing any existing Linux copies.  Otherwise
there is an unhandled exception relating to the existence of
previous versions of Linux.

At this point I don't know if ANY Linux will cause the install
to crash, or just a Fedora Linux.

It's been some time now (weeks) since Rawhide install could handle
the existience of an older Fedora on the machine.  I like to do a fresh
Rawhide install since continual yumming eventually results in a
corrupted Rawhide system.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665