um ... what's with the "." after the directory perms?

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 17:13:04 UTC 2009

On Thursday 05 March 2009 17:03:46 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> As an old-school Unix hand I'm a firm believer on 'man' as the reference
> point for documentation, but I think I'm swimming against the tide. For
> example KDE has virtually no man docs (and precious few other docs).
> This is bad and it's going to get worse.

In fairness, KDE is a GUI, and their help tool allows you to view man pages (and
generally formats them quite well). The man/info thing annoys me a lot, because
info pages gets formatted for 80 column text and left that; man pages on the
other hand can be rendered to fit your terminal (as long as the size can be
determined correctly :o)).

--
Bill, also an "old-school Unix hand"