Meetings

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Mar 5 17:38:57 UTC 2009

On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 09:33:25 -0800
Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 00:45 -0500, TK009 wrote:
>
> > Should times that conflict with another groups use of
> > #fedora-meeting be removed from the matrix or flagged as reserved?
> > Here is a list of groups and times.
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_meeting_channel?
>
> I would vote no. I don't understand this artificial scarcity of
> resources. It's IRC, for pity's sake, it's not like there's a limited
> number of meeting rooms or something. Obviously using the common
> channel is nice, but if we find a time that works for everyone in our
> group but it's currently already used by another group - I don't
> think that should stop us using it too.

While I agree, I will just chime in and mention the reason I think we
should refrain from making 20 meeting channels: In #fedora-meeting
right now there are 140 people idling (including me). If I see my nick
mentioned or notice a discussion I am interested in I can chime right
in. If there is something cool mentioned that I didn't know about I can
notice it.

If the meeting was in #fedora-meeting-27 I don't think anyone aside
from the specific group would be there or notice what was being talked
about. ;)

That said, we could probibly start using fedora-meeting-1 more if there
are conflicts.

kevin