When will Fedora work again?

Leon Stringer leon.stringer at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 8 16:39:58 UTC 2009

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 16:00:21 +0000,
>   Leon Stringer <leon.stringer at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>>
>> Bruno: Thanks but I reported both of these!!!
>
> I am sorry about not noticing, especially the one you included in the

No problem, I'm just happy to be getting suggestions on progressing this
issue.

> I am not familiar with that particular hardware, but I didn't want you
> to give up because someone suggested that because the card was old it
> wouldn't work.

And thanks for the encouragement. Like many people on this list I've
been here since FC1 and was starting to feel a little abandoned.

> Video in Fedora is a bit crazy right now, but my expectation is that things
> will settle out well for Intel and ATI hardware in the F12 time frame.
> I expect that X will at least be usable (if not very accellerated for some
> cards) for the F11 release.

I'll see if I can install and apply the latest updates in text mode,
retest and bug the guy on the Intel KVM page.