64-bit Kernel Question

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Mon Mar 9 02:30:06 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-08 at 19:36 -0600, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:

> Hmmm... So how would I get started changing my installation of Fedora 11
> alpha/rawhide to the 64-bit version? Are all the same programs available?

I don't think you can just upgrade/change your *current* OS from 32 to
64 (I could be wrong though).  You may have to reinstall using the 64bit
dvd/cd's/path/whatever.  And yes same programs for all.

> Do I need to learn special configurations? I have read horrifying accounts of
> getting Adobe flash-player to work, but I think that is supposed to be
> resolved with nspluginwrapper, non?

No special configurations or anything that I am aware of.  And there is
now a beta adobe flash plugin for 64bit.  It's not an rpm mind you, just
a tar'd up .so file that you copy to your plugins dir.  Everything else
should just work and run just fine.

P.S. Why is it when I hit reply on Petrus email, that it goes to a "Post
To:" and a mbox field instead of just a "To"" field?  He is replying
from a subscribed user group or something?

--
Mike Chambers
Fedora Project - Bug Zapper, Tester, User, etc..
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org