When will Fedora work again?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 09:25:07 UTC 2009

On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 14:48:56 +0000 Leon Stringer wrote:
> This is due to a problem with X and support for my (fairly standard) video hardware
> (Intel D845GERG2 on-board controller
Hello,
I admit it could not be the best philosophical approach, but probably
you could opt for an external card if going with integrated intel is
so a nightmare....
I see that your mb is a microatx and don't know if it would be
feasible in your configuration, but your mb seems to have:
AGP connector supporting 1x, 2x, and 4x AGP cards (1.5 V only) or an
AGP Digital Display (ADD) card

So you could buy for less that 50$ something like:
ATI X1650 PRO 512MB 512 AGP 8X 4X Video Card X1650PRO
(I think well supported by open ati driver: I have an X1900 and it
works quite well)
nVIDIA GeForce 6200 512MB DDR2 4X 8X AGP Video Card 512
(and it should work quite well with proprietary drivers)

and with less than 25$ you could buy an
Ati Radeon 9000 256MB AGP 2X/4X Video Card Vga+Dvi

Just my 2 eurocents, even if I am with you from a philosophical point of view.
But I think you also have to compare the cost of your time against the
cost of a cheap alternative ...

Gianluca