64-bit Kernel Question

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 18:41:19 UTC 2009

So, there has been a lot of discussion and information about this issue. I
am presently burning the DVD, might buy another 2 GB of RAM, and am about
to commence installing the x86_64 version of F11alpha to a spare partition.

Now, I have another question, having arisen out of this discussion (and not
precluding others that could easily arise, once I have a running system):

As memory requirements for 64-bit are anywhere from 50-100% greater and
the only appreciable difference is a "psychological" performance boost, what
REAL benefit is there, actually?