gnome locking up after user login since the mass rebuild

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Mar 9 21:47:26 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 16:02:17 -0500,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> I'll try to do some more testing of the disks in any case, but I am not
> convinced this is where the problem is yet.

Smart isn't showing any errors, but since there is a controller inbetween
that makes the sat disks look like scsi disks (the -d sat option to
smartctl will lock up the disk and requires a reboot to get it working
again and then futzing with raid devices to get the devices back into
the raid arrays) so I don't completely trust it.

In the past when I have had disk errors, I would actually see errors
for the bad reads in /var/log/messages and that isn't the case this time.