Sign up or help with component triage!

TK009 john.brown009 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 18:51:10 UTC 2009

Christopher Beland wrote:
> We now have a new way to track who is working on which component:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Components_and_Triagers
>
> After putting this together, I noticed that there are many "key"
> components which have no one signed up to work on them.  If you would
> like to take ownership of a small part of the triage problem, feel free
> to sign up on this page and attack the backlog.  In many cases, there
> are only a small number of bugs, so even if you don't want to sign up
> for anything, simply triaging a few bugs would zero out the backlog for
> some components.
>
> If you have already signed up to work on a component, please indicate
> whether or not you would like more triagers to help, by setting the
> "Need help?" column to "Yes" or "No".
>
> It seems like there are a relatively large number of volunteers compared
> to the number of available components and Rawhide bugs, so it should be
> quite feasible to eliminate the backlog for all but the most
> recalcitrant components.
>
> Yours in triage,
>
> Beland

Beland,

Than you for the quick turn around on this, the page looks good.

I would like to see this stand out more,  in a note or something.
"If you are unfamiliar with a component and someone is very active
there, it is probably a good idea to pick a different component or talk
to that person and see if you can work together."

this reworded a bit
"As you start work on a component, communicating with other triagers
working on the same component or the developer can help make your
working relationship more productive."
to-
"Once you chose a component, communicating with other triagers and the
developer/maintainer can help make your working relationship more
productive."

Both of these are nit picky at best, and I wouldn't want to make any
changes to the draft without more agreement. Even without these changes
I would vote yes on this page.  It's doing what it needs to do (and no
more), and doing it well.

TK009