Interesting comments

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Mar 12 01:20:23 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 09:34 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
> Adam Williamson wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 08:52 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
>

> >> Ah. There's a program that is supposed to respond to button-presses on a
> >> scanner. buttond or some such.
> >
> >> Its presence doesn't much affect the release, but in the context of
> >> _that application_ I'd classify it as critical, a release blocker and
> >> simply omit it unless someone (the packager?) actually tested it and
> >> made it work.
> >
> > Well, I'd classify it as priority low, severity critical. I don't see
> > why it should block a release. Sure, it's crappy code, but it's not
>
> It wouldn't block the release of anything more than itself;-)

Oh. Well I'm not talking General Bug Tracking Theory here. I'm talking
about Fedora, and the only thing we really 'release' is distributions.
We (triage team) shouldn't be getting into the business of whether or
not a packager should be pushing his packages, that's too fine grained
for us...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey