Interesting comments

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Thu Mar 12 08:08:51 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 09:34 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
>> Adam Williamson wrote:

>>> Well, I'd classify it as priority low, severity critical. I don't see
>>> why it should block a release. Sure, it's crappy code, but it's not
>> It wouldn't block the release of anything more than itself;-)
>
> Oh. Well I'm not talking General Bug Tracking Theory here. I'm talking
> about Fedora, and the only thing we really 'release' is distributions.
> We (triage team) shouldn't be getting into the business of whether or
> not a packager should be pushing his packages, that's too fine grained
> for us...

At some point, there is someone (or some group) that decides what goes
out. If this package surfaced as a "candidate release blocker," a
reasonable resolution would be to drop the package. That is what I
expected to happen - the quality of the release would be higher without
it. Of course, of the offending package was the kernel, the resolution
would be different, it might be reversion to an earlier version of the
package, it might delay the release.

--

Cheers
John