Upcoming Fedora Test Days ... DeviceKit and XFCE

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Mar 16 19:22:43 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 12:19 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:

> The security model for DeviceKit is 'use PolicyKit'. DeviceKit uses the
> policies set by PolicyKit to regulate access to storage devices. If you
> want a restrictive policy on such access, set it up in PolicyKit.

Hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs, but in case it's useful to you
or anyone else, I wrote up this blog post on PolicyKit a few weeks back:

http://www.happyassassin.net/2009/01/05/policykit-and-kde-navit-and-more/

which gives a bit of basic info on how it works and how to configure it.
As I said, if this is basic stuff to you, I apologize, but I guess it
may help others :)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey