BugZappers: Introduction Email SOP draft

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Mar 18 19:06:19 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 21:39 -0400, TK009 wrote:
> Here is the draft of the introduction email SOP for review.
>
> Some questions I have are-
> Where will this page (and future SOP pages) live on the wiki?
> What is the best way to inform applying/new Bugzappers about this SOP,
> add something to the 'joining' page?

AIUI, the SOP itself is mostly meant to be read by those on the admin
end - in this case, the people who approve or deny membership requests.
On the other end, we wouldn't expect them to read the SOP to understand
what they're supposed to do, but rather just add the appropriate
information - i.e. "You should send a mail to fedora-test-list
introducing yourself" - to the Joining page.

> == Introduction ==
>
> This Document defines the 'Introduction Email' procedure necessary for
> induction in the "fedorabugs" group as a member of the BugZappers
> (Fedora Triage Team).
>
> == Contact Information ==
>
> Owner: Fedora BugZappers
>
> Contact: #fedora-bugzappers

I think the mailing list address is a better contact point. It's less
ephemeral than IRC.

> == Objective ==
>
> New applicants to the BugZappers are required to send an introduction
> email to fedora-test-list as an introduction and a request to be added
> to the 'fedorabugs' group.
>
> == Procedure ==
>
> * If you have not already done so, subscribe to fedora-test-list.
> * Draft an email with the subject: New BugZapper Introduction. Include
> an introduction (personal information not required) and your request to
> join the 'fedorabugs' group.
> * Send the email to the fedora-test-list.
>
> == Users ==
>
> This procedure is applicable to anyone seeking membership to the
> 'fedorabugs' group as a member of the BugZappers.

As I said, I sorta got the idea the SOP was meant for the admin, not the
user. So the procedure should be something like "grant the membership
request if an introductory email has been sent; if not, email the
applicant and advise them to send an introductory email. Deny the
request if they don't send it within a week."

Am I wrong? Should the SOP perhaps cover both ends, or should we have
separate SOPs, or...something?

(I know my .sig looks different, I'm on my laptop at present, haven't
set up the sig there yet.)
--
Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>
Red Hat